I actually wrote these at the start of Jan but have been really slack and not logged on to upload them.
New Year’s Resolutions
Health:
* drink at least 600mls of water every day
* drink no more than 1 can of coke a day
* eat at least 1 piece of fruit a day
Craft:
* to create one card or piece of art each week
* to set mini-goals each month to use up some of my unused stash
* to keep an art journal
Family and Friends:
* to appreciate my husband more and let him know that I do
* to journal or scrapbook my baby girl's achievements regularly (isn’t it wonderful that I feel like I already love and appreciate her and spend enough time with her that I don’t feel I need a goal for those things?)
* to keep in touch with friends more often through phone calls or face to face rather than rely on just email
Faith:
* to stop listening to my doubts
* to read my bible regularly
* to encourage other christians through cards, letters, notes, phone calls
Other:
* to work daily in my organic vegetable garden and keep it organic
* to play with my dog
* to exercise regularly and do some pilates for my back
It seems like I have a very full year ahead of me if I truly want to accomplish all of this. Fortunately many of them are small changes that are easily incorporated into my life. For others, I am not yet sure where or how I will find the time for them, but I think that is the key with resolutions – it isn’t about finding time, it is about making time. I’ve made these resolutions because they are things that I value and I believe that by doing them, I will be happier, healthier and a better person, so I need to make the time to include them in my life. My biggest problem is that I am lazy and I really enjoy vegging out in front of mindless TV shows. But ultimately, I don’t value time wasted in front of the TV. I mean, seriously, when I am dying, am I really going to be thinking “gee, I wish I had watched Buffy for the fourth, fifth or sixth time”? I doubt it. I will probably be thinking “I wish I had spent more time with the people I loved, told them that I love them and appreciated them”.
I read a quote just recently, and now I can’t remember it exactly, but I think it sums up my thoughts. It goes something like this –
It isn’t until we’re dying that we figure out how to really live
(it was written by someone with breast cancer I think)
No comments:
Post a Comment