Well, I have been trying to think of what to say for a couple of days but all of the words I come up with seem so inadequate for what I am feeling. I have been feeling so awed and humbled and grateful to my wonderful friends.
I have always felt like what happened to me as a child was my fault and that it made me feel so dirty, so ashamed and embarrassed. It was like some great big, ugly, black, putrescent, festering sore on my back, weighing me down and I was too ashamed to show it.
But I took the step of showing me for who I am and my friends have been there for me and supported me. None of them turned away from me or rejected me. None of them made me feel belittled, ashamed or small. All of them have been there for me, to just love and accept me as I am. And I am amazed and humbled. I don't deserve that loving kindness but I am grateful to each and every one of them for their support.
I feel light. I thought I would want to hide away from you all; scared to show my face, scared to see your face, your reaction to me. But it has been nothing like that. I feel like some of my burden has been lifted and that maybe there is hope for me yet. I feel like maybe, finally, I can be healed.
Thank you, to all of you wonderful, loving, amazing, supportive ladies. You will never know how much your friendship means to me.
2 comments:
yay. Some light? you are a special friend and dont you forget it
This is so good to read! Thank you for letting us join you on your journey of healing and be part of your forward momentum. We are here for you and we will continue to be here whenever you need us! Love and hugs x x
Post a Comment