Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Gratitude

This morning on the way to work I was praying following the ACTS approach (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication) and when I got to T I began to thank God for all of the friends I have in my life who I can count on for different things.

I have friends who:
* I can share my most personal stuff with,
* friends I can cry with,
* friends whose door step I could turn up on in the middle of the night and they would love me any way :D (and possibly offer to kill DH for me lol!)
* friends who I know care about me (and dare I say it, love me),
* friends I can just hang with
* friends who are more than acquaintances but not, well, best friends.

I have the following people I am ever so grateful for(in no particular order):
KS, NG, MH, AP, HA, ME, DE, DL, LF, FS, JA, DA, RK, TO, AH, BM, RM, CH, RH

This is from someone who, a couple of years ago, was very sad at not having any friends and feeling very lonely and unloved. Now I am swamped with kind, wonderful, caring people, all because I decided to take a risk, get to know people and be a friend. Previously I was so shy and insecure, I figured no one would like me and that I had nothing to offer. I let go of all of the crap and negative self talk, stepped outside myself and now, look how truly lucky I am.

No comments: