I can't believe how sooky I have become lol! I know, I need to reframe the way I think about crying and 'negative' emotions.
Anyway, he came and asked if he could see me for a minute. I follow him to his office thinking "crap, someone has noticed how much time I've spent on the net at work lately and I'm in for it", expecially when he closed the door behind us. Then he handed me something, saying "I got something for you". He had had a massage yesterday and he bought me a one hour gift certificate for a massage because he was so sad to hear that I had had the miscarriage.
When I cried in front of him on Monday I thought he seemed a bit teary but I wasn't sure cos, you know, boys don't do that. So I said thank you and got all teary, told him he was making me cry and his eyes got all misty. Fortunately the phone rang and he had to get it... so I made my escape with some dignity intact.
What a guy! So now, of course, I have to take back all the uncharitable thoughts I've had about him over his semi-obvious favouritism of a mate in our office.
1 comment:
maybe your boss has suffered a similar loss. What a lovely counterpoint to DH's reaction.
Post a Comment