First for the coincidence
I went to see my physio yesterday to get all the knots etc worked out of my back and neck. I have known him for years and saw him very frequently about 15 years ago when I had a bad shoulder injury. I have seen him on and off since then and we talk about all sorts of stuff, like what a controlling, manipulative cow my mother is. Anyway, his admin girl looked up when I had last been to see him and it was 2 days short of a year. So my physio says "gosh you're all knots, has your mum been visiting?" I'm like, no but I will be seeing her on Friday. So then we laughed about how it was a year since I've seen him and mum was visiting same time last year for a dog thing too. So... coincidence???
Now for the vent.. also about my mother
What I would dearly love to say but won't-
Mum, it's my body and I know what I need to do for me. As I told you just after my miscarriage, and I will tell you again seeing you think you know everything, a curette would not solve my infertility problem because there is nothing there to solve. Yes, so you have heard so many stories of people unable to conceive having a curette and then falling pregnant; good luck to them. I have had so many ultrasounds, yes, the undignified 'stick the probe up the vajayjay' ones that give you a really good look (not to mention the endoscope and hysteroscope (sp?)), and there are no cysts, no polyps, no scarring, no endometriosis, nothing; just a clean bill of health with normal ovaries and uterus. So no, a curette wouldn't change that. Instead there is a risk it could cause scarring or other damage. And besides, talking to the fertility clinic this morning, there is a really good chance that the way my asthma was at the time of my miscarriage, an anaesthetist would have been very hesitant to put me under. So, as I said before and I will say again, I made the right choice for me and the choice I needed to make at the time.
Who knows, if she pushes enough buttons on Friday I may well say all of that to her anyway.
1 comment:
go for it. What you wrote is articualte and correct.
Post a Comment