Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Why is it always the way???

Last year our bub was due 24 December but I miscarried it. A friend from church's bub was due 29 December. She got to have her baby.

When I conceived this year I would have been due 24 Feb, but I miscarried again. A friend from church has just announced she is pregnant and due 16 Feb. Fortunately she is away at the moment due to a RAAF husband but they will no doubt be back in time for me to "celebrate".

Why must they always be so close? Why must I have it rubbed in my face what I have missed, the birth, the baby, the milestones. Why must there be a baby at the same age as mine should have been so I have that constant reminder. Why must I share anniversaries of failed pregnancies with the live baby of someone I know and am friends with?

I really feel like God is mocking me, taunting me because I am not good enough, faithful enough, trusting enough. He asks too much.

There are no words for the grief I feel.

It is too much. Too much to mention, too much to bear.

No comments: