I am still having blood tests at the moment. My estrogen levels are rising as they should (now up to 453), but haven't gone over the magic "500" number yet and my LH is starting to rise but no massive jump in it as yet (from 4.5 up to 5.6 then 6.5). So for now it is blood test, blood test, blood test... had one this morning and will need another tomorrow and most likely Wednesday and Thursday as well. I am trying not to worry about the possibility that I won't ovulate this cycle. I never knew people would still get periods but not ovulate until my neighbour did ivf and discovered that she wasn't ovulating at all but still getting her periods, so of course, my stupid head latches on to that and worries that I won't ovulate this month... stupid, stupid head!
This morning was a bit of a botched job. I asked the nurse to use my left arm as my right one has been copping it daily. She put the tie on to close of circulation and waited, patted my arm, rubbed my arm, poked and prodded veins and waited some more... then she put the needle in only to get no blood flow whatsoever. So then she thought it was a good idea to wobble the needle around in my arm, move it about a bit and generally butcher under my skin. I'm pretty sure she wasn't in a vein given the fact that there was not a single drop of blood to be drawn into the vial.
So she did the other arm and did it well and quickly. Guess my right arm will have to remain the pin cushion for this. It's a bit annoying as other people have drawn blood from my left arm before.
For now it is just blood tests and waiting to see if I ovulate. Indications at this stage are that it is likely I will. Fingers crossed I ovulate on time, not late otherwise I will have a bunch more days of needles to go.
I had a bit of a shock when I walked in for the blood test this morning as a person I know quite well, who I have worked collaboratively with on a number of projects through work was there handing in forms. I guess she is on the ivf treadmill too. We both said hello, chatted about work but it was a bit awkward. I don't know how she felt but other than those who are possibly reading this blog, I don't want people knowing we're doing ivf.
I am trying to keep myself busy so I don't have time to stop and think and dwell because when I do panic and anxiety sets in big time. I wish I knew how to just chill and go with the flow.
No comments:
Post a Comment