Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Looking for peace in the midst of turmoil

I have had this Bible verse on my mind a bit lately -

"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:7

I have been asking God to show me what "the peace of God" is or what it means for my life.

Today I am feeling pretty angry. My boss is having surgery tomorrow and will be off for a week. He has asked the most junior person in our office, who has been here less than a year, to act as our manager while he is away. I know I only work 3 days a week, but I've been here 9 years now. He'll only be gone for 6 days and she'll be away for 2 of them, so it's not like there is a significant difference in our availability. Last time he was away he asked the other junior person to act in his position. I am seriously shitty that he is overlooking me and I am determined to talk to him about it today. If anything comes up, she will be asking me what to do anyway. Seriously pissed off!

But I am emotional and I don't want to get all teary over this and I HATE conflict. I avoid it like the plague so the thought of having to say to him "I'm not happy with your decision and want to know why I am not considered" makes me want to spew.

So, I need to know God's peace.

The other Bible verse that has been running around in my mind is-

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore". Psalm 16:11

Don't we all need that - fullness of joy and pleasures forevermore?? I know I need that fullness of joy right now because I am empty. I would also like to know that God is showing my the path of life - His path of life - but I am feeling lost and full of doubt.

No comments: