Sunday, July 18, 2010

A big black hole

A big black hole is....

what I saw at my 8 week ultrasound

what I fell into the past couple of days

I had my eyes closed for the start of the ultrasound as I really didn't want to hear "I'm sorry" like last time, but as the sonographer moved the probe around on my tummy I opened my eyes to see a big black hole in the midst of the speckled grey. It was an empty gestational sac.

Consequently I fell into a big black hole of depression, despair, hopelessness. It isn't a good place to be. I pulled myself part way out of it today to spend some time with some lovely friends but I am back in that pit, exhausted, spent, done. Feeling so cheated because of all the symptoms, especially the morning sickness which is still present. I feel so incredibly sad and so much grief at the lost hope, lost plans, lost opportunity, lost future. I am devastated that it happened again, in the same way. Mostly though I feel despair at the thought of never having another child. There are no words for that.

I am waiting for tomorrow to come so I can go see my doctor and find out what my options are as I haven't' started to miscarry yet. If last time is anything to go by it didn't happen until 11 weeks. I am not waiting that long.

I just need this over.

2 comments:

bir said...

OMG Tess, I'm so, so sorry. I've been waiting for your post, waiting to hear how wonderful it all is, so I'm so shocked and saddened to read this. I can only imagine how devastated you are. I have no words to make it better for you. I'm just so sorry :(

Here for you if you want to rant and rave, or whatever, whenever.

xxx

artymarty said...

dear friend. It was good to see you on Sunday.
How did you go today?