Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Embracing my nausea

I really wanted to journal this pregnancy as I didn't with DDs and I am disappointed I don't have that. But at the time I was so concerned about something going wrong. I find, at the moment, I really can't journal this one either, just in case something goes wrong. I am hoping that will change after my 8 week ultrasound at the end of next week. Then, if everything is OK, I would like to do a weekly update of this pregnancy so I have a record of it - the joys, the pains, the weight gain (maybe....), all the little milestones.

Fortunately there will be no trips to emergency for undiagnosed chest pains (until my wonderful gp discovered gall stones), no regular midnight - 1am wake ups in excruciating agony from a gall stone attack, complete with vomiting from the pain, and no fear I might have to have emergency surgery no matter how far along, or not, I was because of the gall stones, all because my gall bladder came out after I gave birth. I can't say I will miss those horrible three months this time around.

For now I will say, I am trying to happily embrace my almost constant nausea. It's not too bad, except for the occasional little spew in my mouth, which is so gross, I know, but feeling a constant need to spew really isn't great. Yet I am taking it as a positive and wonderful thing along with the strange, niggling, random pains in my stomach, the tender (.)(.) and the need to pee a hundred times a day. These are all beautiful things and I am happy with them all because I am assuming it means all is going well.

No comments: