Friday, July 30, 2010

A quick update

When I saw my gp last week I spoke to her about my insomnia at the moment. She gave me a prescription for some sleeping tablets to help me fall asleep just at the moment while I cope with this miscarriage, but I am so loathe to take medication and I thought I could do it on my own. But after a week of having trouble falling asleep, and the last two nights not falling asleep until after 2:30am, I decided to get the prescription filled today. Can you believe on the packet it says "warning: may cause drowsiness" pmsl!!! Um...OK. They are sleeping pills so I hope they cause drowsiness or I'm screwed lol!

I had a follow up appointment on Wednesday at the hospital and they are going to monitor me regularly for a little while. I had a blood test which shows my hcg levels (pregnancy hormone) were still at 285 on Wednesday. Given that pregnancy tests usually detect a positive result at somewhere around 20-25, I'm still a long way up at the moment. I will have to have regular blood tests for a while to track it down to below 5, which is where you are classified as 'not pregnant'. Sigh... pin cushion in the lead up to FET, pin cushion post miscarriage. Hopefully I won't have so many holes I start leaking. They always use the same vein and the lady at HAPS on Wednesday was brutal. Give me the nurses at the ivf clinic any day.

I have decided to bite the bullet with my psych. I called on Wed afternoon as it was a REALLY bad day, to see if she had any spare or cancelled appointments. I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 8am. At the moment I am SO NOT a morning person so leaving home by 7:30am to get there will be a challenge. BUT, I have printed out a couple of my blog posts to share with her. I did it once before when there was stuff I wrote on here and wanted to share but knew I would struggle to share it.

I hope you gals who read this know I didn't write my post the other day, the one about the "how are you", about any of you. I know there are no easy answers when someone is in pain and hurting and I know you aren't trained to deal with it, to have the right words or to fix anything. Just knowing you are there, listening and that you care is enough for me. I don't know where I'd be without you all. I need my friends, not more counsellors or psychs :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you have that appointment tomorrow & that you've printed out some of the stuff you've written about to share with her....good girl.

I enjoyed talking to you this afternoon, you sounded so much better which was lovely.

Big hugs.......Heather