Thursday, June 10, 2010

Not thinking... not wishing..... not hoping....

Well, that is what I'd like to be doing.

Instead I am thinking, wishing and hoping..grrrrr. There are 8 days until blood test.. it will be a very looooooooooooooooooooooooong 8 days.

So today I am off to the shops with DD to buy her a nice warm jacket as it is bloody freezing here today. I also need to buy wipes and nappies. I WISH she'd go back to toilet training. She was doing all poos in the potty but our trip to Sydney and then us all getting sick threw it completely out the window so now we are back to square one and she doesn't want to use it. I am SO grateful to have one very precious daughter. I got to have big cuddles in bed with her this morning. Thursdays are my day for 'sleeping in' (I'm awake normally but staying snuggled in bed). DD had had a nappy leak so DH changed her and sent her in to bed with me in just a nappy so she could stay warm while he hunted up some clothes for her. It was lovely and beautiful. That precious, warm little body cuddled in against mine as we talked and giggled. I know how lucky and blessed I am and those reminders are just priceless.

And so my heart aches for a friend of mine, Bee, who lost her precious son less than an hour after he was born. And I feel so angry at the unfairness and injustice of a world that lets drug users, dole bludgers (and I mean the real bludgers not the genuine ones) and abusive sh!ts like my brother have children, yet leaves lovely people like Bee, my sister and I struggling to have the families we long for and desire. It is a cruel, cruel world sometimes.

No comments: