I am a 'need to know' kinda girl. I am like that in all areas of my life; I don't like surprises, I just want to know an outcome so I can get on with things, you name it, I NEED to know NOW! Oh how much worse is that need with ivf. I could cope, if I knew now, that this cycle wasn't going to work. It's the 9 days of wishing, and the hope creeping in despite my best efforts to hold it back, that makes it so much worse when it fails.
Ahhh.... coke... to drink it or not to drink it... the eternal question for me. I have been trying to give it up since last September and while I am no longer drinking 2L a day I have been drinking it daily, except the the occasional 2 days and the one-off one week where I did manage to quit. So, I know they say caffeine can increase your risk of miscarriage so of course, I want to do everything in my power that is possible to ensure this is a successful pregnancy, but that small voice inside keeps saying "but you don't even know if you are pregnant yet" and "surely just one a day won't matter"... it's just like those annoying quit smoking adds. I SOOOOO want a coke but I am not going to have one. I will be strong and maybe this is what I needed to quit after all.
But I love coke. It is my relaxation and stress release thing, which I know is SO dumb. It has developed to be something for me, just for me. A break and a chance to relax and unwind. Nothing else works as well for me.
No, I will be strong. If nothing else I might manage to shed a few of my many unwanted kilos.
1 comment:
We are sharing the wait with you.
Just want you to know will be checking in daily
Post a Comment